by FuzzyOddball, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
1" wide by 2" long pendent flower pot, with living ivy growing out of it.
Ivy is not printed but planted into the printed pot.
The pendent it self is interchangeable creating the ability to mix and match different potted plants with ones mood, or wardrobe.
This is part of a series of costume and jewellery accessories I am making.
The series combines Organic matter and Technology to create simple and provocative jewellery and adornments for ones clothing, and ones self. The project is meant so that no matter where one goes, an individual may carry with them a little piece of nature with them. Plants have known to effect mood especially in city's where green spaces benefit an individuals health, and can aid in relieving stress. Not everyone in there day can get to a green space due to many contributing factors, but with a few minutes a day one can grow and express their own personal green space.
Print the pot. Use the holes on the sides to sting threw what you wish to hand the pendent from.
Take potting soil and fill the interior space of the pot, and add seedling, wild flower, or Ivy.
Wear the pendent, or hang it from the wall.
For a more complex pendent a basic jewellery making kit may be required.
Containing the following;
-Snub nose pliers
-Round nose pliers
- 1 length of wire rope
- 6 finishing cap beads
- 1 jump ring
- 5 locking beads (ones squeezed onto the wire)
Steps; 1) feed the jump ring on.
2) feed 1 locking bead so that both cut ends feed threw it. This will lock the jump ring in place.
3) feed 1 lock bead on either side of the jump ring
4) feed the wire rope threw either side of the pot forming a U
5) on both ends of the wire rope lock the beads as close to the end as possible.
6) take the 2 lock beads close to the jump ring and place them at the top of the pot as close as possible to create a snug fit. Lock these beads in place.
7) hold the jump ring so it takes the wait of the pendent. Do this to find the centre of the wire rope and lock it in place with the remaining lock bead.
8) All beads should be locked in place now. Over each one place a finishing bead.
9) the remaining finishing bead is to go on the jump ring and wire rope union.
ensure the union has the jump rings own union included. secure finishing bead over the union.
Pendent Pot by FuzzyOddball is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving FuzzyOddball a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure FuzzyOddball would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).