Leapfrog Creatr nozzle cooling system V2
by zabana, published
Because certain issues when printing bridges and problematic areas with my Leapfrog Creatr I decided to design a colling system for the printerÂ´s nozzle.
An add on is the increased printing speed.
I needed about 6 versions (someones with sub-versions) but finally IÂ´m happy with this final design.
This design can use a 50x50mm fan or a 60x60mm one, IÂ´ll suggest a 50x50mm one (easy to find over ebay, I bought this one "Delta AUB0512HB 50x50x15mm 5015 DC 12V 0.15A Brushless Fan 2-pin 2510 Connector"), but there is a choice to use a 60x60mm kind, but it will crash a little with the right rear stepper.
I also added in both sides holes to insert a couple of 5mm leds so we can see better the printing area :D
Recent Commentsview all
1) Yes, there is a file for each extruder/hotend because there is not enough flow to cool both at the same time, anyway we use to print mainly with only one.
2)I was working with a 50x50 fan but a 60x60 will work as well (just test it because fans can hit some places in the rear part. A 24v fan will make control simple, there is a schematics if you´ve got the old arduino+ramps version. If you have the new one you just need to plug the 24v fan in the right place in the board.
3) Thanks a lot! I designed a new X carriage in bowden style with JHead mount hotends. I will release that files once it all is finish and working fine(need to cool the steppers now in summer)
1) Do I need to make two separate bottom mounts for a dual extruder Creatr?
2) I have a new new Creatr, what is the best fan to get and how to connect to the board for SW control?
3) Thanks for making this great thing! Keep up the great work!
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
You must be logged in to post a comment.