Snap Together Balloon Bugatti
by petropixel, published
I liked the original, but I made a few changes before printing mine.
(These changes were to reduce overhangs, allow for support-free printing)
-Scaled down 50%, but kept balloon inlet/outlet closer to original size
-Optional spare tire
When I did finally print it, I ran into two problems.
- It doesn't roll. Whittling down the axles and opening up the hubs with a drill bit got me wheels that freewheel very nicely in the air, but when I put the car down and push it along they just gain a bunch of camber and slide along, maybe 1 or 2 wheels spinning at a time.
- We haven't had a kid's birthday here in quite a while, so the balloons we have pop easily and don't provide much thrust below their bursting point. This is probably easier to fix (just buy new balloons).
It doesn't work, so... Learn from my mistakes?
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Snap Together Balloon Bugatti by petropixel is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving petropixel a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure petropixel would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).