Ultimate Quad Cooling Tray (UQCT)
by Dbach, published
Recent Commentsview all
Really like the idea of this .. but i prefer to have the fans cooling the upper peek part of the j-head running all the time, with the fans to cool the print being controlled by the electronics. Would be good if this could be modified to allow 2 of the fans to be channeled to each of the sets of vents...
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Prerequisites: X-carriage with locating holes for the UQCT
Option 1: thingiverse.com/thing:47590
Option 2: soon link here
Tools and parts:
* CA glue (Cyano Acrilate) or ABS glue (Acetone)
* 16pcs - M3 x 12mm bolts
* 4 pcs - M3 x 25mm bolts
* 4 pcs - 30x30mm Cooling Fan
Please rotate the parts as the solidworks axis don't match the printing software!
1) Print quad tray and test fit on the carriage, screw in the 4 M3 x 25mm bolts through the carriage into the locating pins,
2) Adjust tray height: The base of the tray should be slightly above of the tip of the hot end (0.5mm-1mm). Adjust by tightening / loosening the screws.
Solidworks source file is included so you can change pins height to your needs.
3) Print the Fan adapters
4) Bolt the Fans into the adapters: try to put the both corners where the wiring comes out together
5) Glue the adapter/fan assembly onto the tray, if your not skilled with the CA gluing its best to remove the tray from the carriage to better handle the parts.
Advanced: You can supress the smooth rod clearing if you sure the hotend jets have enough space to not touch the smooth rods. Just right click the smooth rod clearing feature and select supress
*If you have a non-12volts power supply like me you can wire your fans in series to better match your PS voltage.
Enjoy your well cooled prints and your longer life of your J-head Hot end!
You must be logged in to post a comment.