Ultimate Quad Cooling Tray (UQCT)
by Dbach_MetalWorks, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is the 6th iteration of my cooling tray, it uses four 30mm fans and its designed for the J-head Mk5B hot end. It has 4 air jets to cool your print evenly and 2 jets to cool the upper peek part of the J-head hot end. It was designed to cool your print and hotend upper part and avoid cooling your table or the melting zone on the hotend.
If you want to add support for the UQCT in your carriage design please refer to the mount pins dimensions drawing. If you need the source file in another file type that solidworks can export please contact me. I'll be happy to provide those for you.
Prerequisites: X-carriage with locating holes for the UQCT
Option 1: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:47590
Option 2: soon link here
Tools and parts:
- CA glue (Cyano Acrilate) or ABS glue (Acetone)
- 16pcs - M3 x 12mm bolts
- 4 pcs - M3 x 25mm bolts
- 4 pcs - 30x30mm Cooling Fan
Please rotate the parts as the solidworks axis don't match the printing software!
1) Print quad tray and test fit on the carriage, screw in the 4 M3 x 25mm bolts through the carriage into the locating pins,
2) Adjust tray height: The base of the tray should be slightly above of the tip of the hot end (0.5mm-1mm). Adjust by tightening / loosening the screws.
Solidworks source file is included so you can change pins height to your needs.
3) Print the Fan adapters
4) Bolt the Fans into the adapters: try to put the both corners where the wiring comes out together
5) Glue the adapter/fan assembly onto the tray, if your not skilled with the CA gluing its best to remove the tray from the carriage to better handle the parts.
Advanced: You can supress the smooth rod clearing if you sure the hotend jets have enough space to not touch the smooth rods. Just right click the smooth rod clearing feature and select supress
*If you have a non-12volts power supply like me you can wire your fans in series to better match your PS voltage.
Enjoy your well cooled prints and your longer life of your J-head Hot end!
Ultimate Quad Cooling Tray (UQCT) by Dbach_MetalWorks is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Dbach_MetalWorks a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Dbach_MetalWorks would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).