Customizable MakerBelt WITH BUCKLE
by laird, published
Aside from being parametric, the belt is also different in that the end can clip onto the beginning, so you can join multiple belts into one huge belt. (first rendered image) Or print with a pivot bar on both ends, so that you can use a MakerBelt buckle! (second rendered image)
Thanks to TSDF for the cool photo.
And now it's Customizable!
CONTEST: Design the coolest belt buckle and post it on Thingiverse by the end of February, and I'll print you a belt, any length and color you like! Make it a 'remix' of this, so that I know that it's here.
UPDATED: To get the buckle-designing kicked off, I added a sample buckle, with room for your initials. Or your name if it's short. And added display of the length of the belt.
Recent Commentsview all
It can only generate integer numbers of rows, so you'll have to print 2 rows, which is 40 inches long, and clip off enough links to make it the right length. Or tweak the code to make the last row that much shorter.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
- Text (for the buckle)
- Font, Scaling, and spacing for the text on the buckle.
- Number of rows (add to print more rows of links, then clip some off to fit you exactly)
- End the belt with a clip or an X. The clip allows you to clip the end of the belt to the beginning, forming a complete loop. The X leaves both ends with pivot bars, so you can clip on a MakerBelt buckle.
- Number of sides for the bars
- Radius of the pivot bars (if you don't like the defaults)
- Gap between pivot bars and the surrounding links (if your printer doesn't like my settings)
And a few print options:
- Print belt, a buckle, or a belt and buckle. Also previews of the buckle and some links.
- Print a cross-section of the belt, so that you can see that everything aligns properly.
- Build plate parameters, for previewing fit on your printer platform
You must be logged in to post a comment.