by trev502000, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
My quadruped is a 3D printable robot that will be upgradable to an unlimited amount of legs (as long as you have the electronics to control it) I wanted a robot that I could build expand when I wanted I am currently getting this robot printed by a friend I have had low quality parts made quickly to test fit certain parts. I will control the quadruped with lynxmotions BotBoarduino and the SSC-32 Servo Controller (mounting brackets to come) with Bluetooth control and ps3 controler with 12 tower pro sg5010 servos to start with due to cost but will upgrade servos to something better please bare with me I will supply instruction soon as I make it. i am working on the extra leg version now will post them soon as well as other add ons.
Everything has been designed to be printed on a standard print bed.
Pictures will be added as soon as the servos decide to turn up .
remember I have made this for you to make so don't be afraid to ask for changes Constructive criticism very welcome (but don't abuse it)
OK here goes bear with me this is my first time with instructions like this so i will break it down into segments.
the feet are made up of 5 sections each 2x foot sides, 1x foot support short, 1 foot support long and 1x toe look at the foot picture for guidance. my plan was to use an m2 tap and m2x8 countersunk screws to make it look nice and neat but you can use self tappers you may need to drill the holes a bit bigger to avoid splitting. im planning on using the toes with pressure sensors mounted in the feet to allow it to feel but for now it will be fixed.
- the Femur/legs made up of 3 parts 1x leg and 2x pin there may be another part to the pin soon a sort of cap that screws on just need servos to turn up to make sure sizes are right i may even get rid of the pin a print the leg as one piece the pins fix onto the leg in-line with the servo horn to act as a pivot see the leg assembled picture.
OK got to go to work now will finish this later
Asmanylegsasyoucancontrolapod by trev502000 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving trev502000 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure trev502000 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.