Triple Monitor Stand
by julienM, published
A cheap monitor stand to clear up space on the desk taken by the stands.
The height and width is easily adjusted by using different length profiles.
The desk lamp was also attached to the frame to remove the large round base.
I had two Omnimount CL-S wall mounts. I bought a third for â‚¬35 new. They allow great flexibility as well as pivoting. Two clamps used to hold a vice to a desk (â‚¬5 each), fix the frame to the desk.
The aluminium profiles (30x30 8 mm slot) came from Motedis.de:
- Print two strong and six light angles.
- Drill 8 mm holes 15 mm from the end of the 300 and the 500 mm profiles.
- Use four self tapping screws to assemble the frame except fot the lower horizontal bar (see rendering).
- Reinforce the corners using the angle brackets.
- Attach the monitor arms to the frame.
- Clamp frame to desk (I stuck self-adhesive "feet" under the frame to protect the desk).
- Wire everything (I have a usb hub attached to the frame)
- Attach monitors
(9.) Optionally attach Artemide lamp with the lamp clamp
The total cost without the arms came to about â‚¬50.
I may design some cable holders to replace the cable-ties, but I can't see them so they don't bother me.