Printrbot Y-Axis Mod
by stickypod, published
Recent Commentsview all
Assuming you have either the 6 inch or 8 inch Printrbot, these are your Y axis mounts for the belt under the bed of your printer, and the end points for your Y axis rods, also under your bed.
Hey man, I cant figure out where this parts are located on an assembled printrbot, do you have any pics of them?
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
If accuracy and endurance are vital to your prints, then this enhancement will make a huge difference for being such a minor mod. I use the Printrbot Plus, but I know this will work with all current models of Printrbot and the files have been optimized to print on either the 6 inch or 8 inch Printrbots. The Gcode file was created using Slic3r 0.9.7, regardless of the Printrbot model you have, just download the Gcode and go.
This is a mod of the original Printrbot files posted by Brook Drumm: thingiverse.com/thing:16990
The details of this mod are as follows:
1) Raises the bed just 3mm by making the PB-Y bar mounts 3mm taller.
2) Makes the PB-Y bar mounts 3mm wider for a better grip on the Y axis rods.
3) Makes the belt clip base 3mm thicker so the Y axis belt can be properly aligned for the Y axis pulley and belt guide.
4) Includes the Y Axis stop screw hole.
5) All files associated are configured for ABS plastic.
6) The Gcode file is centered on X: 75 Y: 75 for either the 6 inch or 8 inch Printrbot models.
7) This is a great print for beginners. Just download the Gcode and print. All the settings you need are in the Gcode. All you need to do is calibrate all your axes first.
It is best to print all these parts at the same time because both the Y bar mounts, and the belt clips, work together as a package. If you leave the old belt clips in place, and use only the Y bar mounts, then the belt will not align to the Y axis belt guide, and vice versa.
The STL file has been cleaned and optimized using Netfabb and is ready for your Slic3r.
Once your printer is calibrated, level and ready for long enduring prints, please take a look at my 10 tooth pulley mod for both the X and Y axis motors. I added a slot for the 3mm nut that came with your Printrbot and this makes for a very tight fit to the stepper motor shaft.
If you have any questions, please ask below.
You must be logged in to post a comment.