Screw-on collar for milk jug funnels
by pozorvlak, published
We like to store dry goods (lentils, rice, flour, couscous, porridge...) in empty 4pt milk jugs - they're easy to pour from, line up neatly, and are translucent so you can see at a glance what you're running short of. The tricky bit is filling the jugs up. This Thing allows you to make a screw-on funnel out of another milk jug, so you can securely and easily fill your storage jugs up.
This Thing was made in OpenSCAD, based on code by Andrew Plumb (@clothbot). You can fork the code on GitHub: https://github.com/pozorvlak/funnel-collar
Measurements are based on UK milk jug lids. It fits all brands of milk jug I've tried so far, though it's a bit snug on Tesco ones. The SCAD file is parametric, so it should be easy to adjust this to other countries' milk jugs if need be.
- Take N+1 empty milk jugs (where N is the number of ingredients you wish to store), wash them out, and leave them to dry.
- Cut off the top half of one of the jugs. This will become the funnel.
- Print out this collar. You probably want dense infill and thick walls.
- Screw the collar onto the funnel.
- Screw the collar + funnel onto one of the milk jugs.
- Fill it with whatever ingredient you want.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until you have filled all N jugs.
- Bask in the beauty of your newly-organised kitchen.
You don't, of course, have to fill all N jugs at once. Start with two, and fill up more as you finish more milk jugs.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Screw-on collar for milk jug funnels by pozorvlak is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure pozorvlak would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).