iMac Hard Drive Cradle
by themonet, published
I was tired of having my backup hard drive sitting on my desk. So I designed this cradle that connects to the metal stand of my (2006) iMac and holds the hard drive behind the screen. I decided that making it look like a mustachioed man with glasses was the perfect look for my hard drive. He's just a know it all with a perfect memory.
The thing is split into three parts so it can be made without support material.
- Print out the .stl
- remove the designed in support braces under the glasses (the thin fan like sections)
- glue the three parts together.
I don't know the relative sizes of the metal stands of other iMacs models so I don't know if this works on anything besides mine (white plastic 2006). If someone wants to print it and let me know, I'd love to find out.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
iMac Hard Drive Cradle by themonet is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure themonet would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).