Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
X-Men Quicksilver Stereobelt
by countspatula, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I've had a bit of an obsession with Quicksilver's audio gear from X-Men: Days of Future Past (see my article here: http://www.tested.com/art/movies/461631-x-men-tale-portable-tape/) and a friend went as Quicksilver for NYC Comic Con, so I made a Stereobelt for her. These are the primary units to make your own Stereobelt as well as a printable cassette (although a real one will fit too). Some of the parts have been modified from my original print version and haven't been reprinted, so let me know if there's any issues.
I have complete Stereobelt kits, Battery Pack Add-ons, movie-accurate versions of the stickers printed on polyester and 1/4" headphone plugs available on my Etsy store: https://charlesworthdynamics.etsy.com
Assembly directions are available here:
These instructions reference my newest version of the belt but can still be used for assembly using these parts.
- Print one of everything unless the file is marked otherwise (ie: x13). Panels and trim are currently oriented facing the bed for a smooth finish on glass, etc. Flip over before printing if desired.
- The only part that needs support is the slider knob.
- Paint the parts or print in different colors. Everything assembles using the square pins and some glue. I used a real 1/4" phone jack and RCA jacks for the back cap. I would recommend gluing nuts inside to mount the units to a belt. There should be enough room inside for electronics if desired.
- A sticker sheet is included - they are not movie-accurate.
- If you don't have an actual cassette tape, print out the included tape and glue together. If the Hong Kong Cavaliers aren't your cup of tea, the 'tape_bottom' can be printed twice and glued together.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
X-Men Quicksilver Stereobelt by countspatula is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving countspatula a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure countspatula would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).