Rostock Onyx Bed leveling Aid
by Highcooley, published
Leveling aid for Onyx heated bed (280 mm diameter) to fine tune delta radius and Z level.
It is a two concentric circle print with 12 marked measuring spots plus center. The layer is 0.3 mm thick, has 1mm wide lines and the two circles have diameters of 240 mm and 120 mm at their outer rims.
The outher rim of the part sets Rostock Max delta rods completely vertical closest to the three columns.
V2 is for people like me, who have a fan attached to the moving plarform to the same side as the extruder mount is attached to the printer.
As requested, there is another version for 200 mm boards (180 mm and 90 mm circle) as well as a version with only the inner 120 mm circle.
- Choose V1 or V2 and slice (be aware of additional skirts being added to the 240 mm outher diameter).
- Adjust Z height and level your bed in heated condition (print surface usually bows when heated).
- Make sure, that your print head is not touching the bed or anything else in any extreme position.
- Heat your print bed until the heat is spread equally over the bed and the outer rim also has minimal stick temperature.
- Hit print
- Peel of the print, paying special attention in order not to stretch it. Otherwise you will get false measures.
- Measure part (at least at 12 measuring points plus center)
- Make changes to the firmware (delta radius, Z height) and / or the three axes (bed level) --> Messing around with delta radius influences Z height.
- Redo step 3-8 until you are satisfied
This print will only work, if you have your nozzle already set to an almost perfect Z level (+/- about 0.15 mm).
V2 needs to be manually centered on the print bed due to the missing arc.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Rostock Onyx Bed leveling Aid by Highcooley is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Highcooley a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Highcooley would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).