Hook & Loop Smartphone Tripod Mount
by frubino, published
There are times I want to mount my phone to a variety of surfaces, ie windshield, desk stand, tripod, etc. I found a cheap alternative to those fancy clamps is to just use self adhesive hook & loop strips on the back of my polymer phone protector.
For my tripod mount, I printed this simple bracket to affix the hook strip. The dovetail mount is designed for a Manfrotto tripod, but I think it might work for a variety of manufacturers.
The bracket is tall enough to accomodate the phone in both the vertical and horizontal positions.
- Print the bracket with strip mounting surface as the datum plane to grow from. No support structure is needed.
- Attach a strip of self adhesive hook to the surface.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Hook & Loop Smartphone Tripod Mount by frubino is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure frubino would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).