Parameterized battery pack with contacts
by obijuan, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This design is derived from the parameterized Battery compartment: thingiverse.com/thing:5051 (By Guru). I have added a simple method for the electrical connections. The proof of concept was tested on this thing: thingiverse.com/thing:5070
NOW you can print your own fully-functional battery pack :-)
For every battery there are two embedded nuts in contact with the positive and negative poles. Two metal M3 bolts are inserted from the outside. They will contact with the poles. Now, you have a wonderful electrical access to the battery!!
I have tested with 2-AAA and 4-AAA battery packs. It worked like a charm :-)
In addition, I have added more parameters for generating the battery pack: the thickness of the bottom, front and rear, and side walls as well as the distance between two batteries.
Update: Jan/30/2011. Added the contribution of eaglepex ( http://www.thingiverse.com/eagleapex ). Now the batteries can also be in serial connection changing the ser parameter
- Generate the battery pack with the desired parameters
- Embed the nuts (1)
- Insert the batteries (2)
- Insert the bolts
- Set the electrical connections (3)
(1) There is a simple and powerful trick to embed the nuts into their slots (as shown in the pictures). Insert a M3 12mm bolt with a washer form the outside. Add the nut in the inside part. Screw the bolt until the nut reach the socket. Now, put the nut in the correct orientation so that it can enter the socket. Screw the bolts until the nut fits perfectly. Then remove the bolt. The nut will remain in its socket.
(2) WARNING: The batteries can be inserted with different orientations. Make sure they are inserted with alternating poles: +, -, +, - so that they can be connected in serial.
(3) Once the bolts are put, it is time to set the electrical connections. Connect the batteries in serial (Be careful of the short cuts!). It can be used standard wires. Or alternatively you can use Clips, as shown in the pictures.
Instruction for building a 2-battery-pack
See the following images: http://fotos.iearobotics.com/index.php?album=objetos-3d&image=dsc01654.jpg
Instruction for building a 4-battery-pack
See the following images: http://fotos.iearobotics.com/index.php?album=objetos-3d&image=dsc01675.jpg
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Parameterized battery pack with contacts by obijuan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving obijuan a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure obijuan would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).