by ctheroux, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
The worst nightmare of ABS printing is warping. These disks almost reduce completely warping.
Add a disk at each corner of the 3D object you want to print at the bed level. Most of the time, a 1 cm disks does the job. More details are available at http://www.ctheroux.com/2013/02/preventing-warping-when-printing-3d-abs-objects/.
The best way to use the anti-warping disk with Slic3r is:
- Add the anti-warping disks you need on the platter.
- Add the object you want to print on the platter.
- Align properly the object you want to print with the anti-warping disks.
- Save the platter as an STL file. Too much plastic will be extruded if you save the platter as a GCode file right away.
- Empty the platter.
- Load the saved STL file.
- Save the object as a GCode file.
- Print the GCode file.
Anti-warping Disks by ctheroux is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving ctheroux a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure ctheroux would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).