by ctheroux, published
The worst nightmare of ABS printing is warping. These disks almost reduce completely warping.
Add a disk at each corner of the 3D object you want to print at the bed level. Most of the time, a 1 cm disks does the job. More details are available at http://www.ctheroux.com/2013/02/preventing-warping-when-printing-3d-abs-objects/.
The best way to use the anti-warping disk with Slic3r is:
- Add the anti-warping disks you need on the platter.
- Add the object you want to print on the platter.
- Align properly the object you want to print with the anti-warping disks.
- Save the platter as an STL file. Too much plastic will be extruded if you save the platter as a GCode file right away.
- Empty the platter.
- Load the saved STL file.
- Save the object as a GCode file.
- Print the GCode file.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Anti-warping Disks by ctheroux is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving ctheroux a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure ctheroux would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).