Hack a Day Skull and Wrenches Logo
by Boort, published
Brian Benchoff at HackADay, noted that there was no Hack A Day logo to play with the new Customizer tool. http://www.hackaday.com/2013/02/16/custom-3d-printed-designs-with-makerbots-customizer
Here is the highlevel of how I did it and the tools used:
1) Downloaded Hack a Day logo from http://hackaday.com
2) Imported into Inkscape, traced, cleaned up, set stroke and fill to black, set path name, set Doc Defaults to mm, scaled to ~50mm.
3) Exported to OpenSCAD file with Inkscape to OpenSCAD converter v2 from:
4) Hand edited the OpenScad output to add Variables and make nice for Customizer!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Hack a Day Skull and Wrenches Logo by Boort is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure Boort would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).