Infrared Proximity Sensor
by mscourch, published
A housing to make an infrared proximity sensor using a 5mm infrared emitting diode and a 5mm infrared sensing diode.
- 5mm infrared emitting diode
- 5mm infrared receiving diode
- wire (two different colors)
- Print both parts
- attach some wires to the base of the two diodes (don't forget to keep track of the positive and negative leads)
- Insert the diodes into the proper place - put the receiving diode in the shallow hole so that it is almost flush with the surface and, obviously, the emitting diode in the deep one(this makes the ir sensor a little more sensative).
- Use a dab of super glue on the intersection of the two parts to secure into position
- Hook up, write the code and enjoy
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag
By downloading this thing, you agree to abide by the license: Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike
Download All Files (11 kb zip file)