Infrared Proximity Sensor
by mscourch, published
A housing to make an infrared proximity sensor using a 5mm infrared emitting diode and a 5mm infrared sensing diode.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag
- 5mm infrared emitting diode
- 5mm infrared receiving diode
- wire (two different colors)
- Print both parts
- attach some wires to the base of the two diodes (don't forget to keep track of the positive and negative leads)
- Insert the diodes into the proper place - put the receiving diode in the shallow hole so that it is almost flush with the surface and, obviously, the emitting diode in the deep one(this makes the ir sensor a little more sensative).
- Use a dab of super glue on the intersection of the two parts to secure into position
- Hook up, write the code and enjoy
By downloading this thing, you agree to abide by the license: Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike
Download All Files (11 kb zip file)