Loading

Decorative Cat Bowls

by pmoews, published

Decorative Cat Bowls by pmoews Feb 19, 2013

Featured Thing!

Description

Here are three cat bowls designed for dual extrusion. They are derivatives of thing:50076 Decorated Water Bowls. The decorations are variations on a cat image by MaakMijnldee - thing:35495. They illustrate the symmetry of 3 of the wallpaper groups, p3, p4, and pmm.

The bowls are 110 mm in diameter and 28 mm hight and hold over 7 ounces of food or water. Three pairs of stl files are provided:

pmm_cat_bowl.stl and pmm_cat_decoration.stl
p3_cat_bowl.stl and p3_cat_decoration.stl
p4_cat bowl.stl and p4_cat_decoration.stl

The images are in dxf_files.zip and the program that created the stl files is bowl_cat.scad.

Recent Comments

view all

You could seal it in food grade shellac. Problem solved!

Very cool, what 3d program do you use to design them?

I also wouldn't print these in ABS or PLA if you are going to use it for your pet. Nothing that goes through any home printers is considered food safe. You literally could take years off the life of your pets. It's a very cool design, but I'd hate for any pets to suffer a short life or ill health.

More from Containers

view more

Liked By

view all

License

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Bowl_cat.scad is parametric so the bowls can be made larger or smaller if that is desired. The bowls can be personalized by the use of other dxf files.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

ojamba on Feb 25, 2013 said:

Very cool, what 3d program do you use to design them?

Lincoln on Feb 21, 2013 said:

I also wouldn't print these in ABS or PLA if you are going to use it for your pet. Nothing that goes through any home printers is considered food safe. You literally could take years off the life of your pets. It's a very cool design, but I'd hate for any pets to suffer a short life or ill health.

Puck on Jun 14, 2013 said:

You could seal it in food grade shellac. Problem solved!

Henkbanaan on Feb 20, 2013 said:

Very nice, but if you find the health of your cat important i would not print it out if ABS!

tgfisher on Feb 20, 2013 said:

Decorative Cat Bowels? Sounds like a great name for a band! Well, until I get a band together, in the meantime I'll try printing one out.

Top