Restrictor plate for arcade joystick
by jelte, published
This is a custom 8-way restrictor plate for an arcade joystick.
The joysticks I got for my arcade cabinet (http://www.arcadewinkel.nl/joysticks/balltop-arcadefighter-stick-rood) were fine, but I wasn't entirely happy with the restrictor plates that came with it. They worked fine in 4-way mode, but the 8-way mode was simply a square and that doesn't work nicely in most circumstances.
From what I can tell, the screws are placed differently on all joystick brands, so YMMV if you have a different one. I included the scad file if you want to play around with it (but it's not nicely parameterized).
There's not really much to instruct here:
- Stop playing on arcade cabinet
- Print restrictor plate(s)
- Remove existing restrictor plate(s)
- Place printed restrictor plate(s)
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Restrictor plate for arcade joystick by jelte is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure jelte would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).