Galaxy S3, S4, LG G2 & More Dock - CASE COMPATIBLE
by BloodBlight, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Version 2.0 of this is out:
UPDATED: Including SketchUp and DAE files because of scale issues!
--== PLEASE READ ==--
Hey everyone! I am waiting for my tax return before buying an Ultimaker. This is my first submission, and I wanted to make sure I could really make things.
SO! Here is my Samsung Galaxy S3 Dock. It is designed to work with a thin case (about 1 mm). It is untested, so look over it before printing. Also, if you print one, PLEASE let me know how it turns out! It will be a month or two before I can print my copy.
Ã¢â¬Â¢ Includes a cable plug for an extra clean look.
- A 3D Printer
- Hot Glue Gun
- Micro USB Cable (you wonÃ¢â¬â¢t be getting it back)
NOTE: It would be difficult to replace it, so I would use a good one.
- Heavy Book (or what ever)
- A peace of paper.
- Fine Grain Sand Paper (wet sand would be best)
- Print Object - You may need to adjust its dimensions, but it should fit most cases.
Wet sand for appearance (it will be hard to do it later).
- Feed the cable though the rear hole and out the bottom.
- Feed the cable though the front hole on the bottom of the stand and connect it to your phone with the case on.
- Seat the phone tightly in the stand and confirm fit.
NOTE: If it is too tight or too loose, you need to fix it now!
- Cut or tare the paper to about the size of your screen and place it over the screen.
- Firmly tape the phone down (using the paper to keep your screen clean).
- Be sure the phone is seated in the desired location!
- Secure the stand on the edge of a table using the book.
- From the bottom, use the hot glue gun to secure the USB cable in place. Use a lot, but try not to get any on the cable it self (you will need to bend it back later).
NOTE: It is ok to get some glue on the base of the phones case, but be careful; if you get your phone too hot you could damage it!
- Double check the phones seating, this is your last chance to adjust it.
- Let it cool for at lease 5 minutes! Seriously, donÃ¢â¬â¢t rush it.
- Hold the cable taunt so it doesnÃ¢â¬â¢t drop below the stands base.
- Use more hot glue to secure the cable in this position.
- Let the glue harden.
- Install cable plug.
NOTE: You may need to use some sand paper on it to get it to fit. It is meant to be very tight, and NOT meant to be removed after installation.
Galaxy S3, S4, LG G2 & More Dock - CASE COMPATIBLE by BloodBlight is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving BloodBlight a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure BloodBlight would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).