Loading

Angy Birdy Bank.

by Kallipigous, published

Angy Birdy Bank. by Kallipigous Feb 22, 2013

Description

This is a piggy bank in the shape of the red angry bird as dictated by my 7 year old. It's designed to be printed in four colors: red, white, black and gold to match the character. It has a (crude) plug in the bottom that you can screw in and out for the money to be released. The slot at the top is designed for quarters but if you want to use if for other currencies for larger coins you could just scale it a bit. An English 2 Pence piece almost fits as it is.

Recent Comments

view all
Fantastic! All parts printed fine on my little Printrbot Jr. No issues with the bases -- kudos on a great design.
I printed the botton with support after flipping the part over and it came out fine. Thanks a lot for this excellent design
Thanks - I can always sand to get a perfect fit.

More from Toys & Games

view more

Liked By

view all

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

This is In 5 parts. The belly is white and has the plug to the side. I printed this on rep G with outside supports which seemed to work fine. You might be able to get away without supports. The other white piece is the eyes which print very quickly. They're not quite flat so I would print with a raft and support as well as they clean up very easily. I used 100% fill just to be sure as they're so tiny.

The main hull is the Red part which prints fine without raft or supports on mine. You get a few stray wisps on the inside but it cleans up well. I printed with 15 % flll to keep it strong.

Then there's the beak which I printed in gold (yellow would do). I suspect this will print fine without support. I did print with supports but it didn't need much cleaning.

Then there's a final black parts section which is the eyebrows and tail. Print solid with a raft as the eyebrows are at an angle.

I just glued the pieces together with gorilla glue and all was good.

I printed this on my rep2 using slic3r and whpthomas' 100 micron profile

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:39050.

Fantastic! All parts printed fine on my little Printrbot Jr. No issues with the bases -- kudos on a great design.
I printed the botton with support after flipping the part over and it came out fine. Thanks a lot for this excellent design
Still unable to get this to print correctly - the bottom of the body simply is not level so it starts print parts of it before others instead of it being a continuous sweep.
Have you tried rotating it about? I printed another this morning and it came out just fine. What printer and software are you using? It really should be flat. I take you're using my gcode?
I have a Ditto by Tinkerine Studio. Very good printer had zero trouble with 95% of my other prints. I have tried slic3r, skeinforge and KISSlicer and they all think that the base has different levels. Basically the print will start - it will print part of the bottom layer. Then retract z as if moving up a layer and try print a little more and so on, eventually it does level out but by that stage things are ugly down on the printbed.
The bottom faces are at a slight angle from the way it was cut up but at this resolution it doesn't really matter. I've uploaded a new top with a flattened flat bottom though too. That might print better but it might not match up with the bottom perfectly.
Thanks - I can always sand to get a perfect fit.
Thanks a lot I will try in the next days.
I am trying to print the belly with no success as the file with raft is too big for my senior cupcake. Could you please upload a stl file of belly and door separate?
The rest print fine and looks great.
Just uploaded them for you. Belly alone and plug
Anyone else have any problems?
Did you print with rafts? and supports?
I did print with rafts but the top half of the bird I didnt think needed support. Even with rafts the body wouldn't print very sporadic bottom level and then no joy. I used kisslicer to slice it - I can try slic3r and see how that goes.
I used slic3r in rep G using whpthomas' 100 micron profile.

thingiverse.com/thing:39050

I've uploaded the gcode file for the body too if it helps.
Surface Finish Calibration Test Shape
Thanks for the gcode. I will try it. I tried slic3r and skeinforge last night and they all sliced it much the same way with the bases being uneven (beak and body). Strange
Yes I don't know I'm afraid. All I can say is that the body printed fine on my rep2. Because of the angle the bottom was sliced out to make the white belly it may not be perfectly flat but it printed fine and matched the belly pretty well. If you need the other gcodes let me know.
Sorry to say but the models appear to have some serious base issues. Of the 3 parts I have tried to print so far all have had uneven bases resulting in bad bottoms or impossible prints. Shame really because I like the look of this thing. :)
Top