by phraust, published
This was just an experiment creating a printable spool after I had seen one elsewhere on Thingiverse. I didn't have any, and needed a better way to manage my 1lb filament roll that had come with the printer.
I had intended to mount it to my workbench, but ended up just hanging the spool and it worked fine without the central hub.
Now I don't have to babysit my filament and untangle it every 5 minutes. :D
I've got some bearings now to use for this, so I'll probably be updating the hub to accommodate them.
Print all 4 files.
- Glue together. (A little "Percussive Assembly" may be required. A rubber mallet helped me to get everything flush.)
I did notice that the dovetails on the end part of the arms were very weak, so I'll be working on making a better attachment for that point.
- Roll your filament and start printing!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Filament Spool by phraust is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure phraust would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).