Customizable Cuffs & Collars
by fastkite, published
Create your own pre-assembled custom hand cuffs with key. Can also be used for wrists, or as a collar. Take advantage of the of the MakeBot Customizer and design your own.
Click on the button "Open in Customizer"
This thing comes with many options for customization. Take a moment and use the MakerBot Customizer to ensure yours fits and looks great.
1- Measure the limb, neck or whatever you are looking to cuff. The cuff size must be at least as wide as the widest section to prevent injury, discomfort etc.
- Once you have the size of the inside of the cuff, you need to specify the width for the cuffs.
- Decide how you want to accent your cuffs. Either wite some text, put holes, or install some stylish studs!
- The font height field lets you decide how tall the font should be, or if you selected a different accent it will also control how big those are.
- Write an inscription if appropriate and specific a font of your choice.
- Font Depth allows you to emboss or engrave the font on your cuffs. You can also select the Cut Through option to cut the font all the way through the cufs. Note: certain letters will have their insides fall out such as the letter 0.
- Attachement bracket allows you to tie the cuffs to each other, or to something else using string. There are several settings including how many many of these you would like.
- Specify some details about the locking pin. This is the pin you use to lock the cuffs closed.
- Lastly indicate which part(s) you want to print. This allows you to print just the key, or a broken pin if required without printing a new set of cuffs.
- Place the two cuff halves print pre-assembled.
- To lock the cuffs put the locking pin in the hinge holes at the other side. If you put ahead on your locking pin you may be able to remove it by wigging it out. If the head was removed you will need to use the key pin to press it out.
- Use the key pin (the pin that is narrower then the others to press the locking pin out of the hole
- Swing the cuffs open releasing the subject until next time
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Customizable Cuffs & Collars by fastkite is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure fastkite would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.