yegahD extruder - mendel friendly
by yru, published
yegahD extruder. developed for my golemC printer but customized to fit mendel, BiBone and two screw vertical carts
so it brakes in customizer - AGAIN! works in openSCAD fine though. I will look for the cause soon, in mean time just download an tweak in openSCAD.
don't hesitate to drop me a line, I know the code is messy and full of variables, help me make it better by pointing out the most needed ones.
- one block print
- lightweight - 3x 6x13x5 bearings
- designed for double mount
- milled bolt with grooved idler provide ultra strong (10kg plus @ 1.75mm ABS) grip with little filament deformation
- visible drive bolt, easy to inspect, easy to clean (it does not tend mill away filament, unless nozzle blockage)
- almost everything parametric
it's using bolt: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:53955
you can try and print the idler but it will probably break in near future, turned out of POM or PA6 is better idea.
yes, I overdone it with number of params, well they just build up over couple of moths :) default is mendel mount, 16mm j-head, 1.75mm filament in 4mm ptfe guide, 22mm custom grooved idler. just find the variables you want to change and customize. if it refuses to render properly i will try to fix it so feel free to feedback me plenty :)
WARNING! still testing (about 5 kilos with no problems whatsoever), feel free to join or wait a week or two for stable version