Customisable bath plug
by SteveCaplin, published
A bath plug with a difference - well, a couple of differences. First, it's more attractive than your typical bath plug. And second, it's really, really easy to size it to fit your plughole, using only your slicing software.
I created this object as a tutorial on 3DGeni.us - take a look here if you want to see how to make this kind of object yourself, using free software:
- Choose either the mm or the inch version, depending on the measurement system you like to work with.
- Measure the internal diameter of your plughole, in centimetres or inches.
- Open the STL file in your slicing software, and enlarge it by the measurement you just made. So if your plughole measures 3.8 centimetres, enlarge the mm version to 3.8 times its original size; if it measures 1.5 inches, enlarge the inch version to 1.5 times its size.
- That's it! Print the file!
Despite not being made of rubber, this plug does provide a good seal (helped by the rings on the chamfered bottom edge) and should keep the water in.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Customisable bath plug by SteveCaplin is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure SteveCaplin would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).