Thin Profile Whistle Blank
by TeamTeamUSA, published
Created using OpenSCAD, this derivative removes all lettering and adds an integral lanyard hole. Thanks Madox!
I printed three sizes to hear how they would sound. I resized the files in the printer software so STLs for two sizes are unavailable. Attached are MP3 files of each whistle's note.
The L whistle with the lanyard is ~240% larger than Madox's original and requires these files:
- Whistle_OnePiece.stl: http://www.thingiverse.com/download:16481
- shapes.scad: http://svn.clifford.at/openscad/trunk/libraries/shapes.scad
Mad props to Catarina Mota for her sweet shapes.scad!
See the whistle.scad file for more info.
To minimize - and possibly eliminate - the need for support structures, print the model on the long thin side.
- UP!: Set support options to '< 40 deg' and '< 10mm'
- MakerBot: ??? (if someone prints it please post your skeinforge settings)
Insert lanyard material - I used 19" 2mm silk cord - into hole and loop around whistle to secure it in a larks head knot.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Thin Profile Whistle Blank by TeamTeamUSA is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving TeamTeamUSA a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure TeamTeamUSA would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).