Thin Profile Whistle Blank
by TeamTeamUSA, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Created using OpenSCAD, this derivative removes all lettering and adds an integral lanyard hole. Thanks Madox!
I printed three sizes to hear how they would sound. I resized the files in the printer software so STLs for two sizes are unavailable. Attached are MP3 files of each whistle's note.
The L whistle with the lanyard is ~240% larger than Madox's original and requires these files:
- Whistle_OnePiece.stl: http://www.thingiverse.com/download:16481
- shapes.scad: http://svn.clifford.at/openscad/trunk/libraries/shapes.scad
Mad props to Catarina Mota for her sweet shapes.scad!
See the whistle.scad file for more info.
To minimize - and possibly eliminate - the need for support structures, print the model on the long thin side.
- UP!: Set support options to '< 40 deg' and '< 10mm'
- MakerBot: ??? (if someone prints it please post your skeinforge settings)
Insert lanyard material - I used 19" 2mm silk cord - into hole and loop around whistle to secure it in a larks head knot.
Thin Profile Whistle Blank by TeamTeamUSA is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving TeamTeamUSA a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure TeamTeamUSA would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).