Pill box insert for Altoids tins
by scanlime, published
This is a really simple design, but I hadn't seen this done before, so I thought I'd upload mine.
It's a small plastic divider insert that you can put into a miniature mint tin in order to turn it into a multi-day pill box. The OpenSCAD model is parametric, but the settings I have by default give you 6 compartments in an "Altoids Smalls" mint tin.
Update 1/22/2011: Added new files, a Version 2 (tighter fitting, notched) insert for Altoids Smalls tins and a new larger 15-compartment insert for full-size Altoids tins.
- Wash out your mint tin, unless you like minty pills
- Print it out
- Carefully bend the divider to get it past the thick ridge along the top of the mint tin
- Push it in. It should snap into place.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Pill box insert for Altoids tins by scanlime is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure scanlime would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).