Loading

Ardupilot GPS Housing

by barneyj, published

Ardupilot GPS Housing by barneyj Feb 28, 2013

Description

Housing and tower for the new 3DR Mediatek GPS. The tower is purpose built for my rig. Edit the tower Sketchup file to suit your needs. The octagonal socket allows the housing to be mounted in 90 or 45 degree orientation. . . Come to think of it, I should've made it round.

Recent Comments

view all
Hmm. Interesting. I downloaded the .STL file and imported it into Sketchup. When I run the solid inspection tool, it finds a hole in each half of the tower. But when I take the same .STL and run it through Slic3r, it doesn't complain.

It's puzzling. Further, I corrected the holes (actually, it was a doubling up of segments) in Sketchup and exported it to .STL after running the solid inspection. Upon re-imporing into Sketchup, it had the same issue in the same segments.
I made the GPS housing, Nice, thanks.

The tower .STL is not finished. it needed uploaded to Netfabb.
The tower base was good also.

More from R/C Vehicles

view more

Makes

Liked By

view all

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

The housing is made of three parts. The lower two parts can be screwed to the tower using a 4mm PC chassis fan screw. The fit should be tight enough that the screw's not necessary though. The GPS unit screws through the two lower parts using 2.5 x 6mm screws. The top just snaps on.
I made the GPS housing, Nice, thanks.

The tower .STL is not finished. it needed uploaded to Netfabb.
The tower base was good also.
Hmm. Interesting. I downloaded the .STL file and imported it into Sketchup. When I run the solid inspection tool, it finds a hole in each half of the tower. But when I take the same .STL and run it through Slic3r, it doesn't complain.

It's puzzling. Further, I corrected the holes (actually, it was a doubling up of segments) in Sketchup and exported it to .STL after running the solid inspection. Upon re-imporing into Sketchup, it had the same issue in the same segments.
Top