We're excited and proud to launch Thingiverse Apps. Learn More about what this means to you.
A Printer Shoulder Strap Carrying Aid
Tired of carrying your printer with one hand?
Convert your lasercutted wood printer in a backpack.
Screw two of these onto the upper front frame of your printer and add two shoulder straps.
1) Measure your printers upper frontframe dimensions.
2) Print two or four pieces with high infill.
3) screw-mount two of them onto your printers upper front frame
and optionally two on your printers lower front frame.
edit: the torsional stiffness of the printers front worries me.
It's probably better to mount them on the closed back.
4) Attatch shoulder straps.
5) Take your printer on a stroll.
1) The standard parameters are for an Ultimaker (top & bottom) and a belt of 24mm width.
2) Some back cushioning might be needed.
Printer as Backpack by mechadense is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
So what's this mean?
We're sure mechadense would love to see what you've printed - take a photo and share it on Thingiverse as a Make.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. You can also download the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store) to take a photo and upload your Make right from the app!