We're excited and proud to launch Thingiverse Apps. Learn More about what this means to you.
Update: checkout my own alternative design:
"Customizable Planetary Gearset (Cycloidical)" http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:488993
This is a slight modification to emmets gear bearing that makes it post assemblable.
1) Zero clearance possible
2) Multicolor with single nozzle printer possible
3) Seperate prints -> no travell moves -> better surface quality
edit: Don't use zero clearance (the *stl's have), increase the tol parameter to at least 0.3mm so the parts can be put together.
edit: Don't use zero clearance (the *stl's have) - it turned out assembly becomes almost impossible and it may not turn at all.
1) Print all parts separately (I dissuade from using the print-plate) and the sun gear split in two.
2) Put the planets and half of the sun into the ring.
3) Put the other half of the sun in
4) Screw it together with a threaded rod and two nuts.
emmets Gear Bearing modified by mechadense is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
So what's this mean?
We're sure mechadense would love to see what you've printed - take a photo and share it on Thingiverse as a Make.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. You can also download the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store) to take a photo and upload your Make right from the app!