emmets Gear Bearing modified
by mechadense, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Update: checkout my own alternative design:
"Customizable Planetary Gearset (Cycloidical)" http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:488993
This is a slight modification to emmets gear bearing that makes it post assemblable.
1) Zero clearance possible
2) Multicolor with single nozzle printer possible
3) Seperate prints -> no travell moves -> better surface quality
edit: Don't use zero clearance (the *stl's have), increase the tol parameter to at least 0.3mm so the parts can be put together.
edit: Don't use zero clearance (the *stl's have) - it turned out assembly becomes almost impossible and it may not turn at all.
1) Print all parts separately (I dissuade from using the print-plate) and the sun gear split in two.
2) Put the planets and half of the sun into the ring.
3) Put the other half of the sun in
4) Screw it together with a threaded rod and two nuts.
emmets Gear Bearing modified by mechadense is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving mechadense a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure mechadense would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).