emmets Gear Bearing modified
by mechadense, published
1) Zero clearance possible
2) Multicolor with single nozzle printer possible
3) Seperate prints -> no travell moves -> better surface quality
Recent Commentsview all
You could also split the outer ring gear into upper and lower halves. Slide all the gears into the middle of the first half and then put the other part on top. If the outer ring was wider you could have bolt holes around it or have the gear cut out of a square of material or pillow block shape so it can be used as a kind of thrust bearing. You could even make Emmett's bearing out of metal like this.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
1) Print all parts separately (I dissuade from using the print-plate) and the sun gear split in two.
2) Put the planets and half of the sun into the ring.
3) Put the other half of the sun in
4) Screw it together with a threaded rod and two nuts.
For a demo piece my sheet pin can be used to hold it together:
Here with fitting parameters:
You must be logged in to post a comment.