Tower of Hanoi stackable blocks
by edmo, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a set of stackable blocks. The largest one measures 2" in diameter at the base.
I set layer height at .2mm, 3 perimeters, 3 solid layers and infill at 40%.
I created these as part of a project where a robotic arm could be taught to solve the Tower of Hanoi problem (look it up and try to solve it BEFORE you cheat and look at the answer).
They're a neat desk toy, too. Enjoy!
These instructions come edited from Wikipedia.
The puzzle starts with the [blocks] in a neat stack in ascending order of size, the smallest at the top, thus making a conical shape.
The objective of the puzzle is to move the entire stack to another [position], obeying the following rules:
- Only one block may be moved at a time.
- Each move consists of taking the upper block from one of the positions and moving it to another postition on top of the other blocks that may already be present in that position.
- No block may be placed on top of a smaller block.
With three blocks, the puzzle can be solved in seven moves.
Autodesk Inventor files uploaded, too!
Tower of Hanoi stackable blocks by edmo is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving edmo a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure edmo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).