Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Customizable Pill Bottle Bracket System
by tdeagan, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
If you're like me you can't stand to throw out perfectly good pill bottles! Here's a Bracket System that will let you put them to good use. Using the power of the Thingiverse Customizer and OpenSCAD, you can build the perfect bracket system for your needs. Use any size pill bottle, or mix sizes. The Customizer allows you to make single or triple hexes or a stand of half hexes to hold them. You can even tweak the linkage size to work well with your printer! Put those pill bottles to reuse!
Remember: OpenSCAD uses millimeters as its unit of measure!
- Select the size pill bottle you want to start with. The big bottles in the images are 2" (50mm) diameter bottles. 1.5" (39mm) bottles are also common. Note that the code uses radius values, not diameter values!
- Use the customizer or modify the .SCAD file to determine if you want to print a single hex, a joined set of three hexes in a triangle or a stand of half hexes. Use the variable __stand_hexes__ to define how many half hexes will be in the stand.
- Choose whether you want the hex size to be proportional to the bottle or different. If different, you can mix different size bottles in the same bracket.
- Set the rest of the configurable variables if desired to mod the part thickness or linkage size. The variable expansion defines how much larger the indent is than the extrusion for the linkage.
- Infill of .25 results in a very strong bracket. Use more infill if you reduce the thickness from the default 4mm
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Customizable Pill Bottle Bracket System by tdeagan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving tdeagan a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure tdeagan would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).