Customizable Rubiks Cube Shapes
by ThePuzzleGeek, published
Create a near infinite range of 3x3x3 shape variations on the Rubik's cube.
This Thing is a work in progress - it needs a Rubik Cube core to create a new puzzle.
Finally got round to printing a couple of puzzles movement is a little sticky but OK. Use Rubik's promotions cubes as donors - not ideal as no tensioning is (easily) possible on centres.
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
- Tweak settings.
- Generate a unique cube puzzle
- Turn on rounding (makes customiser very slow!)
- Find an old Rubik's cube to "borrow" to provide core, center pieces (less caps) and springs
The STLs in this Thing are included to give an illustration of the types of cube mods that can be made. Run the OpenSCAD in customizer or download and run locally to generate individual piece files.
Items still on the "to do" list for this thing :
- Add more target shapes
- Add option to print core pieces (fully printable cube)
- Allow pieces to be printed in halves and snapped together to eliminate need for supports
- Create plate layout optimised for printing