Fully Printable Tank Tread Assembly
by laird, published
What's the love child of the Customizable MakerBelt and Emmet's Gear Bearing? A fully printable tank tread assembly! It's not only fully printed (no screws or bolts) it's printed assembled, ready to use! Note that the belt is printed in place around toothed bearings, and the bearings are printed in place attached to a frame. Just remove from the build plate, rotate the belt and bearing pieces to make sure everything's free, and it should roll! How cool is that!
Print, pop off your print bed, and spin the bearings and tread until they're loose. After that, it should roll freely over rough terrain!
Print two, and make a robot or tank!
I plan to:
- Make it cleanly parametric (there are some 'magic numbers' right now, which need to be turned into proper trigonometry so that it's customizable. With a little work, you should be able to change the gear sizes, add more wheels, etc.
- Add a drive gear, which will be driven by a stepper motor, and which will also serve as a 'tensioner'.
- And build a robot body for mounting an arduino and a few sensors.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Fully Printable Tank Tread Assembly by laird is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure laird would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).