Loading

Jen

by pasutx, published

Jen by pasutx Mar 3, 2013

Description

This is a derivative of a scan as uploaded by Zenix. The uploaded file was huge and printing the hair requires some support. I have used blender to reduce the polygon count (from 172 MB to 3 MB), to smooth the surface and to add a few small supports for some parts of the hair.

UPDATE: I beefed up the supports and put them on a small plate after people reported the supports where difficult to print. The original and the new stl are downloadable.

Recent Comments

view all
Printed successfully! The chin came out a little bit messed up, but otherwise it printed quite well. I had to use a 1.5 mm brim and slowed down the print speed a bit from what I typically use, and disabled the fan for the first 10 mm to prevent peeling/lift-off.
I have made the supports stronger and put them on a small plate. Hope this works better for you. Please upload a picture!
This looks cool, and I've been trying to print it, but the problem I'm having is that the supports are snapping off once they get about 5 mm tall. I'm experimenting with adding brims to solve this problem, but not sure if I'm gonna be able to get there.

Do you think you could change the shape of the supports -- make them have wider bases and a more gradual taper -- and upload a new version? Also, connecting the supports together near the bottom so that the support scaffold is one continuous body would make them a lot less prone to prematurely coming unstuck from the print bed, without making it any more difficult to snap them off of the model when it's done printing.

More from People

view more

Makes

Liked By

view all

Tags

License

Jen by pasutx is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Print and cut off the supports for the hair: 3 in the back, one on the shoulder and on on the head.

This looks cool, and I've been trying to print it, but the problem I'm having is that the supports are snapping off once they get about 5 mm tall. I'm experimenting with adding brims to solve this problem, but not sure if I'm gonna be able to get there.

Do you think you could change the shape of the supports -- make them have wider bases and a more gradual taper -- and upload a new version? Also, connecting the supports together near the bottom so that the support scaffold is one continuous body would make them a lot less prone to prematurely coming unstuck from the print bed, without making it any more difficult to snap them off of the model when it's done printing.
I have made the supports stronger and put them on a small plate. Hope this works better for you. Please upload a picture!
Printed successfully! The chin came out a little bit messed up, but otherwise it printed quite well. I had to use a 1.5 mm brim and slowed down the print speed a bit from what I typically use, and disabled the fan for the first 10 mm to prevent peeling/lift-off.
Her hair looks great, that's neat how it turned out.
Top