Spool Holder for Solidoodle
by eobermeyer, published
This design is meant to sit above the printer, on the back wall. This allows the printer to sit close to a wall/take advantage of space. Other benefits inclue easier access to spool and no filament slipping.
It requires bearings and rod.
(4) bearings (5/16"OD ; 1/4" ID ; 1/4" Width)
(2) 7" lengths of 1/4" steel rod
1) Print out 2 copies of the spool holder.
2) Give the piece a light sanding.
3) Push the bearings into the holes.
4) Insert rods into bearings.
5) Place onto top of Solidoodle backwall.
6) Place spool on top of your new holder!
Note Scale up model by 25.4!!! (25.4mm=1in. NX exporting in metric & I made the part in inches)