We're excited and proud to launch Thingiverse Apps. Learn More about what this means to you.
This design is meant to sit above the printer, on the back wall. This allows the printer to sit close to a wall/take advantage of space. Other benefits inclue easier access to spool and no filament slipping.
It requires bearings and rod.
(4) bearings (5/16"OD ; 1/4" ID ; 1/4" Width)
(2) 7" lengths of 1/4" steel rod
1) Print out 2 copies of the spool holder.
2) Give the piece a light sanding.
3) Push the bearings into the holes.
4) Insert rods into bearings.
5) Place onto top of Solidoodle backwall.
6) Place spool on top of your new holder!
Note Scale up model by 25.4!!! (25.4mm=1in. NX exporting in metric & I made the part in inches)
Spool Holder for Solidoodle by eobermeyer is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
So what's this mean?
We're sure eobermeyer would love to see what you've printed - take a photo and share it on Thingiverse as a Make.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. You can also download the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store) to take a photo and upload your Make right from the app!