Duckie the Duck Cookie Cutter
by CryoFather, published
This is a proof of concept work to show my kids how important is to properly draw something before you actually make it.
My son's drawing has been transferred to a three dimensional object - the cookie cutter (so he can help his mother making cookies).
Everything done in a few hours.
How to replicate it?
- Draw anything, scan it (or take a photo using cell phone, like we did), transfer it to curves (GIMP and Inkscape may help a lot).
- Use the extruded single polygon layer in your favourite CAD/CAM tool (we use OpenSCAD) and some alchemy (like creating hulls, adding holder layers, etc.).
- Slice it and print using 0.2mm layers and 0.25mm thickness.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Duckie the Duck Cookie Cutter by CryoFather is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure CryoFather would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).