Exhaust hose adapter for HPC & Full Spectrum Laser cutters
by tiefpunkt, published
This is a adapter to fit standard exhaust hoses to the Full Spectrum 40W Hobby Laser and the HPC LS3020 Laser Cutter. It might probably fit a few other laser cutters from China as well.
The standard exhaust fans that come with these lasercutters are not all that great. They are inefficient, leaky, have a non-standard hose fitting, and block access to the back laser compartment. This adapter allows you to fit a standard exhaust hose to the laser, which can then be connected to some proper air filtration equipment.
It was created by Alexander Brock in the RaumZeitLabor hackerspace in Mannheim, Germany, for their FS laser cutter.
- Cut the parts out on a laser cutter using the two files provided. 5mm MDF or plywood should work fine.
- Glue the parts together.
- Fit a 100mm exhaust hose fitting to the back, using glue and screws.
- Seal all corners from the inside with silicone.
- Optional: Apply some thick foam tape (don't know the proper english word for it, sorry) to the side that sits on the laser case for extra sealing.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Exhaust hose adapter for HPC & Full Spectrum Laser cutters by tiefpunkt is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
So what's this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure tiefpunkt would love to see what you've printed - take a photo and share it on Thingiverse as a Make.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. You can also download the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store) to take a photo and upload your Make right from the app!