simplistic mod for qu-bd extruder
by cwalker1960, published
After looking through the many mods for makerbot extruder , I actually decided on the makerbot version. Downlaoded it and printed it.. Looked great , pieces fit fine,, didn't have the bearing, the shoulder bolt nor the spring ,, so I made one to fit the qu-bd extruder using the original bolts and a bearing I had on hand. I haven't printed this since revising the mount to include material at the bottom ,, The one I first made is open at the bottom and is trying to spread just a little, but is working fine.This will give some options to lever position as my printer is my own design and the other mods were inaccesable on my setup without changing the extruder mount..
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
The bearing is a 624. I just superglued the bearing cover on as I figured the bearing should outlast the part. Don't know which spring I ended up using but came from the large spring package from Home Depot.
Print the parts and clean up .. fit everything and install.
I uploaded the sketchup dae file for anyone needing to modify it
don't try to print the qubdmoddrawing file as that was just for reference.
After using this for over a month now, the mount is twisting pretty bad from the spring tension against it , although it still works , it could probably use some mods. I've since moved on experimenting with different bowden designs, feel free to change it as you see fit.