Customizable 'Bump Strip' Bottle Holder
by sethmoser, published
This bottle holder will let you anchor a row of cylindrical bottles for stacking in multiple layers - see photos for the application for wine. It outputs files both for single color printing and for dualstrusion.
This was originally designed for wine bottles, but should be customizable for any type of bottle - beer or soda, droppers, etc.
1) Measure the diameter of your bottles / the distance you want the bottles spaced. Ideally you want them to be quite close together, although if there's variability between bottles (i.e. wine bottles) you might need a bit of clearance.
2) If you're planning on dualstruding, decide if you want all of the parts the same or if you want half of them with reversed colors vs. the other half. You can use the "part" variable to preview each color.
3) Enter all of the parameters, including whether to mix dualstrusion, the bottle width, as well as your desired strip depth and thickness. Depth should depend a bit on the size of the bottle - for big bottles like wine, you probably want two thin strips, one up front and one at the back. For smaller bottles like a dropper, you can probably make one very deep strip.
4) Generate your STLs and get to printing! Three files will be generated, one for solid color printing and two for dualstrusion.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Customizable 'Bump Strip' Bottle Holder by sethmoser is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure sethmoser would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).