Raised J-Head Mount
by blah_59, published
This is a derivitive of roberlin's j-head mount: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:53560.
I decided to replace the last original part on my QU-BD (besides the stepper motor and fan), the hot end. My J-Head is still in the mail but I wanted to get a jump start on a mount for it and found roberlin's mount that looked great. The only thing I noticed was that it would hang lower than the QU-BD hot end and I didn't want to sacrifice the Z space on my Ord Bot. So with a little tweaking of the original design this leaves about the same amount of Z-height. I raised the center portion to lift the hot end and added some support behind the mount to raise/hold the stepper motor up.
I have a newer version of this thing here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:77357 that raises the nozzle up even more to provide more Z height.
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
I used most of roberlin's instructions and hardware recommendations for this as well. I don't want to cut/paste plagiarize all his words so here's the overview:
- Print this with 100% infill and use support for the serious overhangs
- Drill or ream holes to fit
- 2 x (20mm M5 bolt + nut + 2 washers) (I used nuts and bolts I had lying around that fit, I didn't need washers)
- 2 x (16mm M3 machine screw)
- 2 x (40mm M3 machine screws) these came with the qu-bd and are the right length for using their fan
- 2 x (20mm M3 machine screw) for securing bdring's thing:38281 to the motor (I use mickb's http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:43411)
- some M3 washers (I didn't use any washers)
I have now uploaded files for extruding on the right or left side of the motor shaft. Pick the correct pair for your set-up.