by MakerBot, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Its not surprising that the nutcracker is a holiday staple collected by people near and far, young and old. Folklore contends nutcrackers were given to families as gifts to bring them good luck and protect their homes. The MakerBot Nutcracker was designed with the classic in mind but with an updated twist - this one you can make!
This beautifully designed multi-part print is suitable for any of the MakerBot printers. Parts snap-fit together and you can let your imagination run wild with color, but note, this assembly is not recommended for novices.
Print pieces in these colors, or swap in your own palette. We advise keeping pieces in these color groupings for your first Nutcracker to make assembly easier.
NOTE: Pieces labeled with 30infill should be printed at 30% infill for strength
True Red: Arms, Back_Lever30infill, Body_Bottom, Body_Top
True White: Gloves, Hair, Mustache, Eyes, Legs
True Blue: Iris_Clips_Rod
True Black: Belt, Boots_Bottom_30infill, Boots_Top, Hat, Shoulder_Buttons
True Yellow: Belt Buckle, Boot Band, Buttons, Hat Straps, Shoulder Pads, Hat Decorations
Peach: Ears, Head_30infill, Jaw_30infill
It is helpful to have tweezers and a mallet on hand to aid with assembly. Most pieces will snap together without glue.
• Start with Boots Bottom facing you. Attach Boot Band to top of Boots Bottom with recessed piece of Boot Band facing up. Place Boots (top) over Boot Band.
• Secure Boots Top with Legs. Knees should be bent forward slightly. Attach Body Bottom recessed side down to Legs. Insert (2) Buttons into Body Bottom.
• Attach Belt to Body Bottom with nub facing forward-right. Attach Belt Buckle to nub. Attach Body Top to Belt. Insert (6) Buttons into Body Top.
• Attach Head to Body Top.
• Attach R Arm to R Shoulder Pad and L Arm to L Shoulder Pad. Insert (2) Shoulder buttons into tops of Shoulder Pads. Attach R Glove to R Arm and L Glove to L Arm. Insert (8) Buttons into front and back of R Glove and L Glove. Attach R Shoulder Pad to Body Top. Attach L Shoulder Pad to Body Top.
• Attach Jaw (serrated groove facing up) to Back Lever (handle pointing down).
• Insert Jaw into Head, then insert Rod through Jaw and Head.
• Attach R Ear and L Ear to Head. Attach Mustache to Head. Attach Hair to Head. Attach Irises into Eyes and Eyes into Head.
• Attach Hat to Head with Clips.
• Insert Hat Decorations into Hat. Insert Belt Back into Back Lever. Insert Hat Straps into Jaw and Head.
• Attach Head to Body with longest Clip
Nutcracker by MakerBot is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving MakerBot a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure MakerBot would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).