Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Action Figure Creation Lab
by rocketboy, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Make your own 1/18th scale action figure! (This is the same scale as GI Joe in the 80s).
Want a lizard with robot arms and legs?? Want his head bigger? Now's your chance!
This is a work in progress check back often. I know the joints are perfect yet but they will be.
I need your help!
Early, static versions of this script used body parts I haved off statues and other models. This version is different. I can re-use
heads easily, other body parts, not so much. For Torsos the center of the neck, arms, & legs need to all be bisect-able by one plane.
For arms and legs, the uper and lower halves need to be seperate and they need room at the top (not side) for hinges. The script
generates all the connecting pieces, but the parts need to be of the right form to allow the scrip to do it's job. So if you have a
torso, or arms or legs I can use let me know! I'm happy to give format tips, or even take something that's in the right direction and
do what needs doing to make it work.
New joints, and selectable joint types coming soon.
Selector for 1/18th, 1/12th, 1/10th, 1/8th scale coming soon.
- Click the open in Customizer Button.
- Customize until you've got what you want.
- Change view (First variable) from design to print. This will lay all the parts out.
- Generated STL
- Open STL in repG or similar.
- Make sure model is on platform.
- Print with 0 Shells 100% inFill
- Dry fit all the parts together make sure everything first.
- Wipe inside of both sides torso cavity with acetone. Make sure you avoid should and hip joints.
- With hip and arm joint pieces in place push halves together and hold for a few minutes while piece hardens.
- Go over seem with a bit more acetone to insure a good tight bond.
I want more heads, arms, legs, and torsos! This is a call to action, limitations on customizer mean that I can't dynamically load your thing, but I can take an STL, render it a OpenSCAD vector format and add it to this thing. So make an awesome body part, or rip apart. Link what you've got in the comments below and I'll do my bet to get it mashed in fast. Please no more than 5K faces though, I have to convert it to a openscad polyhedron, and due to the way customizer works they need to all be in the same file.
Action Figure Creation Lab by rocketboy is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving rocketboy a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure rocketboy would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).