My Customized Word Glasses
by Alzibiff, published
Created with Customizer! thingiverse.com/apps/customizer/run?thing_id=58259
I was never quite sure what I would want these for until Everton lost at home to Wigan in the FA cup quarter final. Decided to wind up the Everton fans at work by printing the 0-3 score on these glasses!
Recent Commentsview all
In a word, your design is brilliant and I cannot fault it.
I have printed "play glasses" before from designs on Thingiverse but this is the first "right first time" pair I have printed and I think that this is down to the hinge design which is totally spot on.
Without wishing to sound like Goldilocks, the hinges are not too tight and not too loose - your glasses snapped together just right.
To answer your questions ....
1. I used PLA (Faberdashery Glacial Blue, 3mm in my Mendel90 which has a 0.4mm head).
2. Fit well - as said the hinge design is very good and I cannot suggest any improvements. Being PLA - or ABS for that matter - any fit problems could be sorted out with a hair drier or heat gun I suppose - to bend the arms like the opticians do.
3. Brilliant - keep as-is
4. No although for my purposes, I would have liked to span the score with a dash as in "0-3" - but that is peculiar to me I think.
No problem - use my images as you like. I can take some more if you tell me what you need.
Hi! Thanks for using my design. I haven't been able to make a good print of these yet (my printer's not being very friendly) and I was hoping you could help me by answering some questions.
1. What material did you print those in?
2. How do they fit? Is there anything that's the wrong size or uncomfortable when you wear them?
3. How did the hinge snap together? Was it too tight/too loose?
4. Is there anything else that you'd like to see different?
Finally, would it be OK if I used your picture on the original thing to illustrate a printed version of the glasses? I'll give you full credit in the description.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
word = 03
You must be logged in to post a comment.