Toy Grabber Handle with Lever Attached
by GearsOfWow, published
I made this to replace the handle and lever on my son's shark grabber toy (see photos) after the brittle plastic it came with shattered.
My only print of this thing, at 10mm tube diameter and allowing SketchUp to resize the model, resulted in not enough tolerance and a fused mechanism. Because I loath to waste a print; I cleaned the support material, removed the canopy, added a pin .... it works! Caveat, cleaning the support materials from this thing will probably not be easy at much smaller than 20mm tube diameter (with model resized).
- Set tube diameter to be compatible with pillar of broken toy. Resize model as necessary.
- Print with support materials.
- Clean and with luck it moves.
- Attach and enjoy.
Post Note: This is my first thing but I hope to post more in the future (as time and child permit). Happy printing! ~ GearsOfWow
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Toy Grabber Handle with Lever Attached by GearsOfWow is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure GearsOfWow would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).