Print The Bay
by AK_Eric, published
This is a print of the San Francisco bay area I made based on the fantastic tool by Thatcher Chamberlin, Terrain2STL.
For a detailed overview of how I created it, check my blog pose here.
Check out the article on it at 3dPrint.com.
Printed on my Makerbot Replicator 1 (Sailfish firmware) with these settings:
- First layers (water) translucent "Neon Blue" PLA, all later layers (ground) light gray PLA. No raft, no supports.
- Extruded @ 230 degs, HBP off.
- 2 shells, 10% infill, 200 micron.
- Print speed 120mm/sec, travel 150mm/sec.
- Each print took anywhere from 2.5-3.5 hours.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Print The Bay by AK_Eric is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure AK_Eric would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).