Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Snap Circuit Add-On components
by bryanandaimee, published
Add on components for snap circuits kits. This should enable even more fun with the kiddies. Presently only a design for two connection components like resistors, speakers, motors, diodes etc. Others will follow. (Someday :)
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag
- Print the part
- Buy some mini Anorak snaps (Dritz 651601) and the assembly tool (Dritz 651600)
- Solder your component to the inside of the flange of the long narrow snap part. (labeled "d" on the package.) Then do it again to the other side of the component, leaving enough room to stretch to each side of the part.
- Solder the male snap "c" to the other side of the flange. Note: You may find it easier to do this after assembly. YMMV
- Push both ends of the component into the printed part on the side with the recessed track.
- Fit the corresponding tools into the tool holder.( "C" and "B")
- Put a female snap "b" on the other side of the part.
- Insert into the tool.
- Tap with hammer to set the snap
- Repeat on the other side
By downloading this thing, you agree to abide by the license: Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike
Download All Files (36 kb zip file)