Snap Circuit Add-On components
by bryanandaimee, published
Add on components for snap circuits kits. This should enable even more fun with the kiddies. Presently only a design for two connection components like resistors, speakers, motors, diodes etc. Others will follow. (Someday :)
- Print the part
- Buy some mini Anorak snaps (Dritz 651601) and the assembly tool (Dritz 651600)
- Solder your component to the inside of the flange of the long narrow snap part. (labeled "d" on the package.) Then do it again to the other side of the component, leaving enough room to stretch to each side of the part.
- Solder the male snap "c" to the other side of the flange. Note: You may find it easier to do this after assembly. YMMV
- Push both ends of the component into the printed part on the side with the recessed track.
- Fit the corresponding tools into the tool holder.( "C" and "B")
- Put a female snap "b" on the other side of the part.
- Insert into the tool.
- Tap with hammer to set the snap
- Repeat on the other side
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Snap Circuit Add-On components by bryanandaimee is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure bryanandaimee would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).