Snap Circuit Add-On components
by bryanandaimee, published
Recent Commentsview all
Full kits would be fun, but unfortunately the snaps are kind of expensive, $7 to $10 for 10 snaps, so it's really not saving you much to build your own kit. It is most likely just as cheap to buy a snap circuits kit and add on any components you want later that aren't in the kit. I am working on the 3 snap template which will enable transistors, pots, etc. so by then you could do a pretty good set.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
2. Buy some mini Anorak snaps (Dritz 651601) and the assembly tool (Dritz 651600)
3. Solder your component to the inside of the flange of the long narrow snap part. (labeled "d" on the package.) Then do it again to the other side of the component, leaving enough room to stretch to each side of the part.
4. Solder the male snap "c" to the other side of the flange. Note: You may find it easier to do this after assembly. YMMV
5. Push both ends of the component into the printed part on the side with the recessed track.
6. Fit the corresponding tools into the tool holder.( "C" and "B")
7. Put a female snap "b" on the other side of the part.
8. Insert into the tool.
9. Tap with hammer to set the snap
10. Repeat on the other side
You must be logged in to post a comment.