by ginge, published
A gearbox designed around a large servo motor, a wormscrew gearbox with 13:1 gear ratio.
The drive horns go through both sides of the gearbox.
The potentiometer is mounted to the gearbox indirectly using an involute gear.
UPDATE: Use the -1 files. They are newer and make screwing the gearbox together easier.
- 2x 30mm bearings (SKF 68062RS 30x42x7mm)
- 1x 8mm bearing (SKF 608ZZ 8x22x7mm)
All parts can be printed at 0.3mm EXCEPT the gearboxscrew.stl
slice gearboxscrew.stl at 0.2mm or less. Print very slowly with a fan as this has lots of steep angles
You will need to take the servo apart and modify it to allow continuous rotation
- unscrew servo
- remove motor board
- remove potentiometer screw and potentiometer
- under the main gear on top, remove the white plastic piece that the pot was pushed into.
- Saw/cut the pillar of the main servo horn head
All parts should go togther as per the exploded diagram.
Once assembled, push the potentiometer through the hole in part "bottom plate pot holder"
attach with a screw
Although this gearbox was designed independatly of hairygael's "inmoov" gearbox design, there was a heavy dose of inspiration from the "inmoov" design. Once I saw that design, mine chaged slightly.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Wormscrew gearbox by ginge is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving ginge a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure ginge would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).