MendelMax 1.5 - Parametric Y Rod Mount
by 3dSuppli, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a wider replacement for the standard Y Rod Mount for 8mm smooth rods found in the MendelMax 1.5. The default Y Rod Mount is set to 100mm rod center to rod center - this .stl has that distance lengthened to 136mm for a much wider and more stable base for your MendelMax Y carriage.
The OpenSCAD script is dependent upon the original Y Rod Mount from kludgineer's "MendelMax 1.5". It is parametric, so simply set the rod distance you desire, and you'll get an .stl that works for your specifics. (Just make sure it still fits on your print bed).
Two of these are needed per MendelMax 1.5 printer.
Also check out the cleaner to print clasps that go with the parametric Y mount:
If the 136mm (rod center to rod center) spacing works for you, simply download, print, and enjoy.
If the original 100mm spacing works for you, then go with kludgineer's original part.
If you need a different spacing, follow these steps:
- Download kludgineer's original "Y_Rod_Mount_2_off.stl" object.
- Download the "ParametricYRodMount.scad" script that is part of this thing.
- Make sure both files are in the same directory.
- Open the ParametricYRodMount.scad file using OpenSCAD (tested in OpenSCAD version 2013.01 and OpenSCAD 2011.12).
- Find the comment "// STEP 1: Set this parameter to the measured or desired distance between your y smooth rods".
- Edit the value of the "actual_y_smooth_rod_distance" variable on the following line. The value is specified in mm.
- If you want to see where the rods would go, find the comment "// STEP 2: ..." and uncomment the two cylinders that visually show you where the rods would be in this model.
- As directed in "// STEP 3: ...", do a "Design" -> "Compile and Render (CGAL)", or simply hit F6.
- Once the object has been compiled and rendered, you can save off an .stl using "Design" -> "Export as STL..."
MendelMax 1.5 - Parametric Y Rod Mount by 3dSuppli is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving 3dSuppli a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure 3dSuppli would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).