by GearsOfWow, published
Unless you own a fancy tape dispenser; you only have two options with tape. Either fold the end over and discard that piece when you need a new length. Or you can orbit the tape repeatedly, using eyes and fingernails to locate and pry up the tape end. I give you option three, the Tape Tap. Adhere the tape end to this tap and save yourself some trouble.
Use SketchUp to push/pull to your desired tape width. Ideally the tape tap will be a little bit wider than the tape you are tapping.
Print and clean.
Tap your tape. Lay the roll on it's side with the thumb handle facing up.
- Do something incredible with the 5 to 10 seconds you save, next time you use the tape. Might I suggest Microfiction.
Post Print Note - No issues printing, it was fast and flat. I really like the look of this original model.
Happy Printing ~ GearsOfWow
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Tape Tap by GearsOfWow is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure GearsOfWow would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).